Below please find a number of examples of the different types of granite available from standard to exotic. Granite is an excellent choice for all applications, especially if you are concerned with durability and staining. We have also provided Granite facts at the bottom of this page!
* Computer generated images and printed reproductions may not accurately match granite colors. We recommend final selections should be made from actual samples or slabs.
Standard Granite Selections:
New Venetian Gold
Exotic Granite Selections:
- Granite, which makes up 70-80% of earth’s crust, is an igneous rock formed of interlocking crystals of quartz, feldspar, mica, and other minerals in lesser quantities. Since granite is natural, each project will be unique with pattern variations throughout the slab.
- Granite is quarried from all over the world. There are hundreds of different stones available from Italy, Brazil, India, Spain, France, China, and the USA.
- Granite is one of the hardest of all natural stones, making it extremely durable.
- Some synthetic surfaces scratch easily, while the hardness of the minerals comprising most granite surpasses that of the utensils that are used on them, resulting in excellent scratch resistance. Because of its durability, granite is recommended for use in kitchens over other natural stones.
- Granite can be used indoors and outdoors. Both eye-catching and ageless, it’s available in a range of striking colors, textures and finishes that complement any decor. Granite can hold up in the most demanding situations. When used outdoors, granite’s mineralogical composition can endure freeze and thaw cycles. The diamond-like hardness of granite makes it impervious to extreme heat, ultraviolet light, acids and abrasions. However, it is somewhat porous and requires a penetrating sealer to deter stains. We use a 15 year stain protecting penetrating sealer , on all of our natural stone applications.
- Radon in Granite: This misinformation campaign was generated by engineered stone manufacturers to try and create fear to gain market share. Subsequent reports and testing have proven this false by the Marble Institute of America and can be found on their website at www.marble-institute.com.
- Maintenance: Daily cleaning only requires the use of warm soapy water. Any spills should be wiped up immediately. We will provide care and maintenance instructions at the time of installation.
improve your quality of life!
Natural stone has become the most desirable material for kitchen counter tops and vanity tops over the past decade. The natural beauty, durability, and elegance of natural stone makes it the preeminent choice for homes of all sizes. Drastic improvements in technology have made the quarrying and fabrication of natural stone more economical.
start your project
Located in Greensboro, NC our specialty is delivering high quality and affordable stone products to our customers across Winston Salem, High Point, Kernersville and beyond.
Our focus is on helping you improve your quality of life through remodeling your kitchen, bathroom or flooring with unique marble, granite or other stones which compliment your theme and personality.